Those crazy Germans and their designer cappuccino machines

A coffee maker for the living room? One early IFA product that has my attention is a designer cappuccino maker from DeLonghi. The limited edition Perfecta 5500 versions (only 1,900 per model are being produced) come in titanium, burl wood and leather.
All I can say is the coffee, which I didn't get to taste, best be good. Perfectas command a jolting 1399 Euros or more than $2,000 in U.S. dollars. They're due out in Germany in September; there are no immediate plans for U.S. distribution.
And yes, they're meant to be placed in the living room.
Another strange thing from Germany:
When I tried to log into my Google Gmail account, I received this error message:
"We can't provide service under the Gmail name in Germany; we're called Google Mail here instead.If you're traveling in Germany, you can access your mail at http://mail.google.com.
Oh, and we'd like to link the URL above, but we're not allowed to do that either. Bummer.For general information about Google, please visit www.google.com or www.google.de."
By Ed BaigPhoto: DeLonghi


Add to Google Reader or Homepage Add to My AOL Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Pageflakes

Comments